If you are organizing an event and want to validate the entry pass fast and cost effectively then using QR code can be your best option.
In this article we have tried to cover all the important aspects of managing digital event tickets via QR codes such as
1) easy to create in large quantity
2) validation, and
Here are the features and packages that you may use of QR Code Chimp for the same
Features and services: Bulk Upload Feature and Landing Pages Services
Right package to use: ULTIMA with white labeling
Here is the step by step guide to manage Event Tickets via QR Codes
Create and test the Ticket Landing page
- Go to the Landing Page
- Design your Ticket Landing Page and create it’s html with inline CSS
- Add the html into the landing page editor’s source code option
- Make sure to have the Name of the user in the HTML
- Test the QR Code by scanning it and validating the html looks good on your mobile
- Copy the html if there are any corrections on your local editor
Bulk upload the codes
1. Now click on the bulk upload button
2. Download the Sample file and add following info into it for each row:
QR Name => Your Customer Name
Page Type* => html
Landing Page URL => leave blank
Landing Page HTML => Add the complete html here with corresponding Customer Name changed
Loader Img => leave blank (you can control it vial your profile page)
This is how your Excel sheet would look like
|QR Name||Page Type*||Landing Page URL||Landing Page HTML||Loader Img|
|Lexi Smith||html||YOUR HTML CODE (with Lexi Smith name)|
|Dan Mathew||html||YOUR HTML CODE (with Dan Mathew name)|
3. Now upload the file
4. Go to your dashboard to download the QR code files
5. Scan the QRs and see if you are seeing the corresponding user’s name and right landing page
Now you may send the corresponding QRs to your users via email or whatsapp.
During the event when the user comes to you with the QRs you may scan the QR code and see if it shows the corresponding customer name. And then you can check customer ID proof to match the name.
What if someone creates a similar looking Event ticket themselves and presents its QR at the time of event?
To address this is very simple, you will have to use the white labeled URLs (we provide it in our ULTIMA package) so that the landing page for your event ticket will show up on your white labeled URL and you can check the URL at the time of validation.
Since user’s can not put anything on your white labeled URL there is no chance for fraud.
Let us know how helpful this article is for you, for any questions reach out to us.