Digital business cards are helping organizations and individuals streamline networking and share contact details in a hassle-free way.
We’ve compiled several statistics to help you understand the market potential of digital business cards. You’ll discover the market size of digital business cards, along with their key drivers, how people use them, and much more.
Let’s delve in.
Digital business card market statistics
The digital business card market is snowballing because of the need for digital and faster networking.
Here are some statistics that summarize the current state of the digital business cards market.
- The global digital business card market is projected to reach $242.3 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.2%.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the largest market for digital business cards, followed by North America and Europe.
Digital business card usage statistics
37% of small businesses and 23% of individuals have used a digital business card app. This number is expected to increase drastically because of the limitations of physical business cards.
The top 7 digital business card solutions get around 4.25 million combined monthly visitors.
Digital business card apps on the Google Play Store have over 2 million combined downloads.
Key drivers for digital business card adoption
Various factors are driving the adoption of digital business cards. According to a recent study, the following are the key drivers of digital business card adoption:
- Convenience (ease of contact sharing and saving): 45%
- Sustainability: 20%
- Security: 15%
- Personalization: 10%
- Cost-effectiveness: 10%
The ability to seamlessly share and save contact information is the key reason for using digital business cards.
Top players in the digital business card market
As the popularity of digital business cards continues to skyrocket, various players have entered the market.
Here are some leading providers of digital business cards globally:
- QRCodeChimp: QRCodeChimp is a digital business card and QR code provider headquartered in Pune, India. Developed by the ex-employees of Google, Yahoo, PayPal, and Bank of America, QRCodeChimp allows you to create professional digital business cards with ease of use and top-notch security.
- HiHello: HiHello is a California-based digital business card provider. It allows you to create custom digital business cards for easy contact sharing.
- L-Card Pro: L-Card is an Indiana-based digital business card solution that allows you to create digital business cards and design physical business cards.
- MobiloCard: Mobilo Card is a digital business card and NFC card provider based in New York, United States.
- Blinq: Blinq is a digital business card app provider based in Australia. It allows you to create, share, and manage your digital business card.
What features do people want in digital business cards?
We surveyed our users on what features they’d like to see in digital business cards. Here are the responses:
- More design and customization options — 17.9%
- Sharing digital business card URL — 17.7%
- Downloadable and printable business card PDF — 14.8%
- Contact forms to collect user data — 14.7%
- Mobile app to create digital business cards — 13.5%
- Secure profile components with password — 12%
- Gamification widgets to engage users — 9.4%
How do people share digital business cards?
We also asked our users about how they share digital business cards. Here are the top responses.
- QR codes on business cards
- Email signature
- Directly share URL
- Social media
Why do people use digital business cards?
While sharing contact information is the primary application of digital business cards, they also have other uses. We surveyed our users on how they used digital business cards.
Here are the top responses:
- Share contact details
- Provide business information
- Share product information
- Share team information
The dawn of physical business cards
Of the 10 billion business cards printed annually, 8 billion are tossed away within a week. That’s over 80% of all business cards.
The top reason for throwing away a business card are:
- No need for the product or service
- Lack of value or usefulness
- Poor design and quality
- Too many business cards received
- Lack of personal connection
- Tedious contact-saving process
Even though business cards are effective, they have limitations.
Saving contact information from a physical business card is tedious and time-consuming. Additionally, physical cards are costlier than digital business cards and offer less personalization.
The environmental impact of paper business cards
Earlier, we discussed that sustainability is the second-largest driver of digital business cards. Let’s understand the environmental impact of physical business cards with these statistics:
- For every 100 million business cards made, 6 million trees are cut.
- Most business cards end up in landfills. In landfills, they release methane gas, a greenhouse gas that is 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide.
- Producing 1 ton of paper requires 17,000 gallons of water.
Digital business cards have gained much popularity over the last few years. As networking becomes critical to professional and business success, organizations and individuals are increasingly investing in digital business cards.
QRCodeChimp is one of the leading providers of digital business cards. If you’re looking for a secure, feature-rich, and easy-to-use digital business card platform, QRCodeChimp is the ideal pick.