QR Codes on clothing are scannable printed graphics that allow brands and manufacturers to provide their customers more than just an outfit – a better way to engage with the brand and enrich the consumer experience. You can add a wide range of information to a QR Code, right from a link to the new product page to link to promotional offers and discounts or suggestions on other apparel that go well with the selected clothing.
Apparels and QR codes offer amazing growth opportunities for fashion brands. The codes cost-effectively bridge the gap between physical products and digital world and the gap between offline advertising and online marketing.
Adding QR codes on clothing also allow you to add video content, URLs, vCards, and PDF documents to provide more information to your prospective buyers. If you are a fashion brand, this is the right time to move ahead of the competition. And the good news is – creating QR codes for clothing is very easy through QR Code Chimp.
QR Codes on Clothing: Why they can be Box-office breaker in the Fashion Industry
These pretty codes are one of the cheapest, convenient, upcoming, and quirky ways to reach niche consumers and establish one on one connections. They are versatile and can be incorporated by any industry, such as marketing, education, fashion, retail, payment, media, food and beverages, and inventory.
Fashion has become a personality and lifestyle. Today’s youth define their views and personalities through their fashion choices. They have become more stylish and brand-conscious than ever before.
Implementing strategies by leveraging the right technologies can save time and effort on marketing plans for businesses. QR Codes are considered one of the latest technological developments, used as a tool to retain and engage customers. The apparel industry has just started exploring its endless possibilities. You should, too, if you are a fashion brand.
How can you use QR Codes on your Brand Clothes
The potential of QR codes on clothing hasn’t reached its heights across the globe. Although the fashion industry recognizes its importance, they aren’t aware of QR codes’ various scopes to engage with consumers. The simple, static, black, and white box can make your customers enter your world and know you better.
We are sharing a list of creative ways you can use these codes on your outfits:
Talk about the Details of Your Clothes
QR Codes give you an opportunity to talk to your customers one-on-one about the outfit they are viewing and boost sales.
Here are a few instances of how you can achieve this:
- Place colorful QR codes on different outfits and allow customers to scan and retrieve all the information about the dress – its fabric, design, embroidery work, size, available colors, online purchase options, and customer reviews.
- Use QR Codes as an intelligent way to convince your customers to buy the outfit – ask customers to scan the code and redirect them to video links that offer different ways to style the dress, such as accessories, the best occasion to wear it, makeup options, hairstyles, etc.
- Add QR codes that link to your other product pages on the web to boost future sales.
Talk about Your Visions and Goals
Fashion is one of the most competitive industries, and it has become essential to standing out among your competitors. QR Codes are a great way to tell your customers your brand story. It also gives you a chance to get rid of counterfeiting products. Fashion designs can be easily copied and sold at lower prices. You can prevent counterfeiting by printing anti-counterfeiting QR codes on your clothing labels.
By placing QR codes on your apparel, you can share a bit about your brand’s history, work ethics, and people involved in making the apparel and retain its originality.
For instance, you can:
- Talk about the inspiration behind the outfit.
- Share a link to the BTS (behind the scene), such as materials and efforts to create the clothing.
- Share videos about your people – the tailors, the designers, the embroidery maker, the master cutter, etc.
- Share how you choose the fabrics, talk about the threads and dyes you use (especially if you promote organic materials), and show how you pack and ship your products.
- Link URLs to events and shows that relate to your brand. For instance, if you sell wedding clothes, you can share links to wedding expos. If you are into sports garments manufacturing, you can share sports event links that have discounted ticket rates. This could also be done for music, fashion, and art shows. However, the event should reflect your brand and the clothes you make.
Appeal the Parents by Adding Story Codes on Children’s Apparels
Smart PJs first derived the concept to distinguish their brand from competitors. They placed QR Codes that contained story-based content on their clothing. The story-based content included videos and audio of kids’ rhymes, poems, and games. So, when the parents scan the codes on their smartphones, they get to play videos and audio and help the kids fall asleep.
Satisfy consumers by addressing their needs and reviews
QR Codes are a great way to get direct feedback from your customer and work on them to improve your sales. You can request the consumers to scan the code and direct them to a feedback page or a link to your Social Media DM. You can also share links to Facebook and Instagram Pages or Twitter account so that they can post comments and interact with you personally.
You can even add links to surveys containing simple Yes/No questions or suggest customers scan the tag, click their photos with the outfits on, and upload them on social media accounts. Doing this allows the customers to become your brand ambassador and avail themselves of the same right that celebrities get.
Using QR codes for your clothing brand has many benefits. But here’s the trick. You must look for a reliable QR code generator to design and generate scannable graphic codes on your fabric lines.
Here’s where QRCodeChimp comes into the picture. Use QRCodeChimp to create amazing QR codes for your clothing brand and skyrocket customer engagement.