Personalization is no longer a buzzword in this omnichannel landscape — it’s the new normal. The increasing trend of personalization in gifts, pet tags, accessories, and merchandise has encouraged vendors to use QR code tags.
QR code tags enable on-demand personalization, as you can print an empty QR code on a product and sell it. The user who buys the product can claim the QR code and personalize it.
QRCodeChimp’s Merchandise QR Codes feature allows you to create a batch of empty QR codes for mass printing. Pet stores, gift stores, and other vendors can mass-print QR codes on their products.
Here’s a quick guide to creating merchandise QR codes for mass printing.
What is a Merchandise QR Code?
A merchandise QR code is an empty QR code that a user can claim as their own and personalize as needed. This feature lets you create a batch of up to 500 QR codes and give it to your consumers. You can put merchandise QR codes on various products, like pet collars, business cards, gifts, electronics, and more. Consumers can buy the products and personalize them later.
You can create a merchandise QR code for the following QR code types:
- vCard Plus
- Social media
- App download
- Image gallery
- Landing page
How to create a Merchandise QR Code?
Creating a merchandise QR code is easy, and anyone can make a merchandise QR code with QRCodeChimp. Follow these steps to get started:
Create a Merchandise QR Code
Follow these steps to make a merchandise QR code:
- Visit qrcodechimp.com and sign in to your account (or create a new account).
- Go to Dashboard and click on Merchandise QR Codes.
- Click on Create Merchandise QR Code. Enter a name for your QR code, select the QR code type, and click on Create.
You can view your merchandise QR codes in the Merchandise QR Codes list.
Decorate your QR code
The next step is to decorate your merchandise QR codes. Follow these steps to get started:
- Click on Decorate in the Action column.
- Use shapes, colors, patterns, and stickers to customize your QR code and give it an appealing look. You can also add a logo to it for consistent branding.
- Click on ‘x’ to exit the customization panel and click on ‘Save QR Code’ in the ‘Save QR Code changes’ popup.
Your QR code design will be saved.
Note: When you customize a merchandise QR code, the change applies to all QR codes of all of its batches.
Generate a new batch
The final step is to generate a new batch of QR codes. Follow these steps to do that:
- Click on Generate New Batch in the Action column.
- Name your merchandise QR code batch and select the number of QR codes you want to generate (max. 500).
- Click on Create to start the batch creation process. You’ll be redirected to the ‘Batch Records’ page.
Note: The creation process may take a few minutes.
- After batch creation is complete, you’ll see the option to download QR codes. Click on Download QR Codes and select the file format and QR size to download the QR code batch as a ZIP or PDF file.
- Extract the ZIP file to get the QR codes.
That’s it. Your merchandise QR codes are ready for printing and distribution. Every time a user claims a QR code, it will be added to the ‘Claimed’ count in the Merchandise QR Codes section.
How do Merchandise QR Codes work?
Merchandise QR codes are empty and don’t have any content. The first user to scan and claim a merchandise QR code can personalize it.
Here’s how merchandise QR codes work:
- You create a merchandise QR code and give it to a consumer.
- The consumer scans the QR code and saves it to claim it. For example, if your merchandise QR code is a vCard Plus QR code, a user will scan the code, fill in fields like name, phone number, address, etc., and save their profile to claim the QR code.
- One merchandise QR code can be claimed only once. If other people scan a claimed QR code, they’ll view the content added by the person who claimed it.
Suppose you run a pet accessories store and sell pet collars. Instead of selling traditional pet collars, you can put up merchandise Pet Tag ID QR codes on them. When a consumer buys a collar for their dog, they can scan the QR code, enter their details, and save their profile to claim it. If the pet gets lost, people can scan the QR code to contact the pet owner.
Uses cases: Who should mass-print merchandise QR code tags?
Merchandise QR codes offer a substantial advantage over personalized items and merchandise. Typically, you can create personalized merchandise only after receiving an order. But with merchandise QR codes, you can print the QR code tags in advance, and users can personalize them later.
Let’s look at some use cases of QR code tags.
- Pet shops: Pet farms, grooming stations, and pet accessories shops can sell merchandise QR codes as digital pet tags.
- Gift stores: Personalized gifts are one of the biggest trends in the gifts industry. Gift shops can print QR codes on items like personalized coffee mugs, greeting cards, bracelets, necklaces, and more.
- Business card manufacturers: Companies worldwide use vCard Plus QR codes on business cards to allow seamless knowledge transfer and contact sharing. Business card manufacturers can sell business cards with printed merchandise QR codes.
- Personalized merchandise: You can put merchandise QR codes on products like t-shirts, belts, caps, etc. Consumers can claim the codes and personalize them as needed.
- Keychains: Keychain sellers can print merchandise QR codes on keychains. Users can add their information and save the QR codes to their QRCodeChimp accounts to claim them.
- Schoolbags: Schoolbag vendors can print merchandise QR codes on bag charms and supply them with schoolbags. Parents can claim the QR codes and provide their contact details.
- ID Cards: Schools, colleges, and educational institutes can print QR code tags on ID cards and link them to each student’s online profile.
With merchandise QR codes, you can add digital capabilities to your products, like pet tags, gift items, accessories, and business cards. The first person to scan the code and save it to their QRCodeChimp account gets its ownership, and they can personalize it as per their needs. By adding merchandise QR codes to your products, you can make your products more appealing and get more sales.
Sign up for QRCodeChimp to create Merchandise QR Codes.