A static QR code, once created, can’t be edited, and you can’t view its analytics or use it for retargeting. On the other hand, a dynamic QR code offers the flexibility of editing in real time without the need to reprint the QR code. You can also view the analytics of a dynamic QR code and use it for retargeting with the Google Tag ID and Facebook Pixel.
That’s the difference between static and dynamic QR codes in a nutshell. Continue reading if you want to delve into detailed differences and applications of static and dynamic QR codes.
QR Codes Help Understand Customers Better…
The usefulness of QR Codes was already established in 2019-2020. They connect brands and customers on a personal level through the most popular device – the Smartphone Camera.
Businesses can use QR Codes extensively to get maximum benefits from their ad campaigns.
That said, there is a vast ‘behind-the-scene’ difference between Dynamic and Static QR Codes.
One-time use vs. multiple-times use, edit vs. not edit, traceable vs. untraceable, and free vs. paid.
Choosing between the two must depend upon your marketing plans and purpose of use.
In this blog, you will find out the purpose of static and dynamic codes and how they differ from each other in brand marketing.
But before that, let’s do a brush-up.
What are QR Codes?
QR Codes are barcodes but with 10X more intelligent technology and marketing capabilities. At some point, you must have seen them printed on retail shops, grocery stores, bills, and on product packaging.
QR Codes can be self-generated online using a QR Code Generator. Critical features of QR Codes include the following:
- Square in shape as opposed to the line barcode
- Two-dimensional, unlike one-dimensional barcode
- Read by any smartphone camera app, unlike barcodes, which require a special external device
- Reads vertically and horizontally and from a great distance
- Stores alpha-numeric data, unlike barcode that stores only numeric data
- Holds up to 4000+ characters worth of information
- Customizable into different shapes, colors, sizes, logos, and stickers (only at QRCodeChimp)
- Tailor-made for other mediums – Google, Text, VCard, Facebook, Event, Image Gallery, Email, YouTube, GMaps, Menu, and Coupons
- Built-in error rectification technology makes it readable even with 70% damage.
What Are Static QR Codes?
Static QR Codes are one-time use only. The content is directly embedded, as in copy-pasted onto the code, without an external URL or data address. Once you generate the code, the information remains static (fixed) and you alter cannot it. They are more suitable for personal purposes or single usage.
A garment shop owner can use a Static QR code to embed Christmas Greeting and Coupons and share it with their customers. The owner can print the code on the delivery packages for December month.
A popular idea for you: You send your wedding invitation RSVP or event schedule via the code to your distant friends and family.
You can customize Static QR Codes at QRCodeChimp in different shapes, stickers, and colors.
However, QRCodeChimp provides unlimited scans and unlimited validity.
Key features of Static Codes are:
- Suitable for a one-off ad campaign or personal use. Example: New store launch or wedding invite
- They can store a lot of non-editable information. Example: Christmas Greetings.
- Registration is not required.
- Content is directly embedded.
- An unlimited number of scans.
- Several free customization options on the website.
- Scans cannot be trackable via AI or GPS.
- Store minimal information.
- Relevant for individuals and a few businesses types.
- Typical examples: Website URL, email, WhatsApp or Text message, Plain text display (serial number, static image, coupon code, or text), vCard, Google Maps, and WiFi or Login credentials.
What are Dynamic QR Codes?
Dynamic QR Codes are marketing-centric because they are editable, trackable, and measurable. The codes come with a short URL into which the actual content is embedded. Therefore, once you generate a dynamic code, you can change, edit, and update the URL information anytime. This enables marketers and businesses to set up their QR Code strategy based on their marketing campaign without reprinting the code.
A restaurant owner can change their QR Code menu card depending on the breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and Valentine’s Day specials on the Dynamic QR Code’s URL without generating a new code.
A popular idea for you: You could use the Dynamic Code to share your website with your customers today. And whenever you want, redirect them to your Instagram profile or any new landing page by changing the information on the QR Code Generator dashboard.
Small Size – Massive Impact
QRCodeChimp AI capabilities and GPS tracking allow you to trace the dynamic code’s performance, such as the number of scans made, location, the device used, operating system, and even the hour and time in real-time.
The collected data proves extremely useful in determining future marketing campaigns. You could derive the total number of scans for a particular advertisement, the percentage of unique visitors, location of the scan (exact store and city), the smartphone used, and the average number of scans on a particular day, week, or month.
Key Features of Dynamic QR Codes:
- Best for online and offline marketing, boosting consumer engagement, and increasing brand value.
- Perfect for connecting retail store customers to digital content.
- Content is embedded in the short URL.
- Editable content. You can edit the URL content unlimited times without recreating the code.
- Unlimited number of scans based on the pricing and package
- User registration is required to access the dashboard
- Gain access to more than a hundred free and premium customizable options at QRCodeChimp
- Track the perspective of end-consumers in real-time
- Connect with customers with unique marketing ideas, such as Loyalty Programs
- Integrate with Customer Data Platform for advanced statistics
- Single print saves money and time.
- Relevant to all businesses.
- Analyze and measure the performance of the codes for A/B testing
- Integrate with anti-counterfeit technology to stop illegal trades and preserve brand value
- Typical Examples: Image Gallery, Location, Video Gallery, Animations, GIF, Audio, PDF files, vCard, Menu Card, Projects, YouTube video, Instagram and Facebook posts and stories, App Download, and Google Business.
Despite the size and affordability of QR Codes, they act as a competent and intellectual marketing tool. QRCodeChimp makes creating custom Static and Dynamic QR Codes simple. You can generate a code in less than ten minutes on the online QR code generator. Besides, you also get excellent personalization solutions that no other online platform offers, such as stickers, shapes, colors, pre-designs, picture decoration, and logos. The website has more than a hundred custom designs and business marketing ideas to help you attract customers to scan the code and engage them enough to convert their interest into lifetime loyalty.