The demand for QR-enabled pet tags is on the rise, as they offer substantial benefits over traditional pet tags. However, pet owners could find it challenging to create, customize, and print a QR code pet tag by themselves. Pet shop owners can leverage this opportunity by creating QR code tags in bulk and selling them to pet owners.
QR code tags are the latest trend in the multibillion-dollar pet accessories market.
Here’s all you need to know about QR code pet tags and how to create them using QRCodeChimp.
QR code pet ID tag: The new way to find lost pets
Pet shop owners worldwide have started supplying QR pet tags to replace standard pet tags. Unlike traditional pet tags, QR code tags are more effective and enable pet owners to locate and reach lost pets.
How does a pet id tag QR code work?
A QR code pet tag is a digital pet ID tag. Instead of a printed name and phone number, these tags have a QR code that links to the pet owners’ contact details.
When someone scans the code, they get the pet owner’s contact information. Hence, they can seamlessly contact the owner and inform them about the pet.
A pet shop owner can use QRCodeChimp’s Merchandise QR Codes feature to create a batch of up to 500 QR codes of any type (vCard, social media, etc.), print it on a tag, and provide it to their customers. Each QR code for pets is empty, and the first person to scan and save it will claim its ownership.
After claiming the QR code dog tag’s ownership, the owner can edit its content and personalize it as per their requirements. For example, if it’s a vCard QR code, the user who claims it can enter their name and contact information. Once a QR code pet tag is claimed, anyone who scans it will get redirected to the details entered by the user who had claimed it.
So, when someone gets an empty QR code tag for their pet, they need to claim it and put it on their dog’s collar to create a QR code dog collar. If the pet gets lost and someone else finds it, they can scan the code and contact the owner.
Note: A pet owner will need to create a QRCodeChimp account to claim the QR code. The free plan supports 1,000 scans, which can be increased with paid plans.
Why should pet shop owners sell QR code tags?
Pets getting lost is a colossal problem in today’s time. Data from the American Humane Association shows that one in three pets gets lost. Another report from ASPCA shows that five to seven million lost pets end up in shelters every year. Hence, pet owners need a concrete way to find lost pets.
Pet id tags QR code allow pet owners to share up-to-date contact information.
Here’s where QR code tags come into the picture. They allow pet owners to share up-to-date contact information, enabling others to contact them if their pet gets lost. The increasing demand for these tags makes them an excellent product to sell for pet shops.
Here’s why pet accessory stores should supply QR code tags:
- QR code tags are in high demand, and they can be an excellent addition to your product inventory. Pet farm sellers can also offer free QR code tags with pets to improve customer experience.
- QR code tags are cost-effective and easy to create. You can generate up to 500 empty QR codes in a batch and distribute them to your customers. Also, these tags can boost customer satisfaction dramatically. Pet owners don’t need to replace the pet tag every time they change their phone number. With a QR code pet tag, they can update their information while using the same QR code.
- Selling QR pet tags is easy, as every customer who buys a pet needs a pet tag. You can also cross-sell QR pet tags with pet collars and other accessories.
Who should sell QR code pet tags?
All businesses that offer pet-related products and services should sell QR pet tags. These include:
- Pet farming shops and kennels
- Pet accessories shops
- Animal shelters
- Pet grooming stations
How to create and distribute a pet ID tag QR code?
Pet selling farms and pet shop owners can create QR code tags for pets and give them to their consumers. Here’s how to create a digital pet ID tag:
- Visit qrcodechimp.com and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, create one by clicking Sign Up.
- Go to Dashboard and then to Merchandise QR Codes.
- Click on ‘Create Merchandise QR Code.’ Enter a name for your QR code and select the QR code type. In this guide, we’ll take vCard Plus as an example. Now, click on Create.
- A new entry will be added to the Merchandise QR Codes list. Click on ‘Decorate‘ to customize the QR code with shapes, stickers, logos, and colors.
- Click on ‘Generate New Batch.’ Enter a batch name and the number of QR codes you want to generate. Now, click on Create.
- Click on ‘View Batch’ and then on ‘Download QR Codes.’ Select the file format and QR size, and click on Download.
Your QR codes are ready for distribution. Share them with your customers. Once a user claims the QR code and updates the information, it will act as their virtual contact card. Anyone who comes across a lost pet can scan the QR code tag to contact the pet owner.
How to print a QR code on a metal pet tag?
Most pet tags are made of metal, so printing QR codes on them requires a different procedure.
Laser engraving is a widespread technique for printing QR codes on metal. You can use a laser engraving machine to print QR codes on your metal pet tags.
QR codes can be engraved on metal using various laser engraving processes. E-coating, heat treatments, and shot blasting are used for engraving 2D QR codes with high damage resistance, resulting in high readability rates. However, these procedures are time-consuming and work well with mainly steel and aluminum.
If you don’t need high resistance, you can opt for laser etching, a high-speed method for engraving QR codes on metal. You can use laser etching to engrave QR codes on aluminum, steel, zinc, magnesium, and lead.
Alternatively, you can outsource it to laser engraving vendors. If you’re looking for good laser engraving vendors, contact us, and we’ll share a list of our recommended providers.
QR code tags are the future of pet tags, and they’re an emerging trend in the pet accessories industry. QR pet tags are easy to make and sell, and they’re an excellent addition to the inventory of all pet shops.
QRCodeChimp’s Merchandise QR Codes feature lets you create a batch of up to 500 QR codes. Sign up with QRCodeChimp to create merchandise QR codes.