You can make learning fun with QR Codes. QR Codes are the latest mobile technology that can be strategically placed in institutes and classrooms to improve student engagement and make learning modern, interactive, and student-oriented.
Today education and learning systems have changed from traditional, blackboard teaching to digital, technology-based training. Schools and colleges are trying to involve i-pads, tablets, smartphones, and other AI-based applications to provide education and improve student engagement. Many institutes have successfully implemented QR Codes for students to replace text and offer additional ways to support them.
QR Codes are much effective than other technologies because they require just one thing that students are obsessed with – smartphones. So making students use something they already love will only further involve them in their studies.
Why the QR Codes for students can be effective
As an educational institution, you would want to know how the codes could help you involve more students without much investment. The answer to your question is – using QRCodeChimp, you can generate free QR codes. A QR Code can be a redeeming feature in many ways, such as:
- They are easy to create and print.
- QR codes store more information than their traditional counterpart barcodes.
- Besides alphanumeric data, QR Codes can store URLs, web pages, text, images, videos, audio links, contact cards, directions, PDF documents, etc.
- QR codes are two-dimensional, which means they are vertically and horizontally scannable.
- They are scannable from a great distance (provided it is HD quality).
- Only a smartphone camera is needed to scan them (no additional app is required apart from a code reader).
- The small size and quirky look of QR Codes make them very student-friendly.
- You can change the content of the QR Code (such as edit syllabus notes) without having to change the code or recreate a fresh one.
- QR codes are customizable using colors, shapes, stickers, images, and logos.
- You can print them on any hard material, from books, flyers, brochures, notepads, school uniforms, banners, posters, labels, and notebooks.
- They can be placed anywhere in classrooms and school campuses.
How QR Codes for students can help and engage them
While there are many different reasons why QR Codes are engaging, the main reason is that they allow students to be more independent in their learning. QR Codes automate most common learning processes, such as typing web addresses, downloading PDF, searching registration forms, and looking for college campus direction. Apart from learning – QR Codes are plain fun. Who doesn’t like to scan codes and discover what a QR code has to offer? We definitely do.
A few interesting ways institutes can engage students using QR Codes are:
Help them find information for their studies
Research is an integral part of postgraduate studies. Right from creating projects to developing a thesis, students have to do extensive individual research. You can embed webpages, videos, and other informative data in QR Codes to simplify research for students.
Provide workbook answers
If you want to provide answers to guidebooks or workbooks so that the students don’t have immediate access to them, you can create separate QR Codes for answers, which students can scan after they have solved the questions.
Help newly enrolled students
You can help newly enrolled students learn more about the school or college through a gallery walk. For instance, once they scan the code, it can redirect them to a video link that tours them around the campus and introduces them to the facilities and amenities.
Share students work
To encourage students to study and work exceptionally well, you can ask them to create videos or image recordings of their projects (for instance, a process flow of how neurons function or how to solve problems) and upload it to an internet source, such as Google drive. Then you can embed the QR Code to the google drive link and share the uploaded recordings with the rest of the class.
Offer visual examples
With QR Codes, you can link visual examples (YouTube videos or infographics) to better understand a subject or process. For instance, you can embed a video of how titration works in a real enzyme lab for students’ volumetric analysis preparation.
Other ways to use QR Codes:
- Help students to self-learn and self-evaluate their efficiency by placing test QR Codes.
- Provide audio recordings of study via drop boxes or Google drive for students who need additional support
- Share examination or test schedules, syllabuses, transportation for different routes
- Provide menu card of the college or hostel canteen
- Share tutorial helps, such as video links for homework assignments
- Share information about new books in the college library
You must choose the right QR Code category to share text or multimedia content. Choose expert QRCodeChimp that allows you to generate highly customizable and eye-catching QR codes and save them in JPG or PNG format.