No matter what, brochures will forever be one of the most favored marketing materials for customers and brands. While you can create amazing brochures in a great many ways to entice customers, by adding QR Codes on brochures, you will not only target niche customers, i.e., the ones who show interest in buying your stuff, but also boost ROI incredibly.
QR Codes on brochures
Today’s digital age and time compel us to offer out-of-box content every time we launch an outbound marketing campaign. Embedding the QR Code in brochures is a fascinating new medium that enables you to connect with your customers on a different level. Regardless of your brand’s niche, you must include QR Codes on brochures for the following reasons:
It instantly connects your readers with your brand
The transition from reading the content to making an actual purchase decision is quite long in brochure marketing. However, by scanning a QR Code on the brochure, your reader gets an opportunity to connect with your brand extensively while still using the brochure. QR Codes act as a call-to-action that urges users to act upon it immediately.
Lets you add a lot of digital content that paper material do not allow
Brochures could be 3 – 4 pages long, and since they are also static, they do not allow you to add a lot of changing and updated content. For instance, you are an event manager, and you host different events every week or month, or at times, every day. You cannot possibly include the highlights of these events regularly without printing them every week. This can be a costly affair. With a 2D dynamic QR Code containing a link to your Facebook event page, you will be able to provide clients with an updated work profile without having to print a new brochure.
You can embed many digital contents inside a QR Code, such as:
- Social media pages links
- Video, audio, and images
- Photo gallery
- Google location
- Website URL
- PDF files
- Links to blogs, eCommerce product pages, etc.
- Promotional offers
Helps you reach out to a broader audience
Many customers, especially millennials, rely on smartphones to make a purchase. Millennials make a massive part of your customer base. A plain texted brochure will not cause the same effect that a smartphone with an attractive, easy-to-use mobile link could.
With the help of a QR Code, you can direct readers to learn more about your brand via their most preferable medium, smartphones. Right from product reviews, descriptions, comparisons, and prices, your customers will be able to discover your marketing purpose, helping them make a quick purchase decision.
Creates brand loyalty through social media
Today most brands, including celebrities, individual business owners, and influencers, use social media to establish brand loyalty and draw valuable patrons. We all know the impact social media has on us. All you have to do is design and develop your web presence through social media and use QR Codes as a tool to increase more likes and followers. You will be combining the power of a leading traditional advertising medium with all of the benefits of a leading digital marketing medium.
It costs next to nothing
It’s worth adding a dynamic QR code if you are taking enough time and effort to create a great brochure. They cost very little money in comparison to other marketing approaches. Moreover, they provide a new dimension to your otherwise plain brochure and help you take a massive leap in competition. You can generate a quality QR Code for a brochure using a QR code generator such as QR Code Chimp.
What can you add to your brochure QR Code?
While you can add anything you wish, embedding the following links will accentuate your brochure:
- Contact details: Use your brochure as your business card by adding a vCard QR Code or a link to your website. You can also add Google Maps direction to your physical store or a link to customer care to have them call your customer.
- Calendar events: This could bring 2X times more visitors to your event.
- Product and service videos: A video QR Code of your product or service will pique customers’ interest and enhance product/ service quality. Videos have the highest engagement level, and adding a video code on a brochure will increase customers’ engagement 12X times more.
- Promotional discounts and sales: Most people look for heavy sales, discounts, and promotional activities in advertisements. You can add a promotional coupon code on sales discount on a brochure, scanning which will allow customers to get a direct discount at checkout.
- Photo gallery: You cannot include images of all your works on your brochure. However, adding an image QR Code will enable you to direct your viewers to the images gallery of your latest projects.
How to add QR Codes on a brochure
Choose the right code for your advertising information. You have to determine the message you want to convey through your brochure – educational, informational, or entertaining – and then add a relevant QR Code.
- Unlike barcodes, you can generate codes with colors, graphics, and brand logos and make them outstanding. However, pick decent accents such as pastel and choose contrasting colors to make the code scannable.
- Do include a call-to-action frame to inform readers what the code is about and why they should scan it.
- Do not clutter the space surrounding the code. Choose a perfect location, such as the center, to draw attention.
- Make sure you choose the right size. A QR Code should be >= 2 X 2 centimeters. Use only high-quality images when printing your QR Code.
- Scan or test the code on a sample brochure before producing it in large quantities.
QR Codes are one of the least expensive marketing tools that bring together local customers and your brand’s online presence. Brochures give details about what you do, and with Quick Response Codes, you will create a perfect path for your niche customers to learn more about you, which a paper cannot provide.