From the tickets through the banners and posters to the soda you serve, as an event manager, you can use the versatile applications of QR Codes for event management projects to engage the audience, visitors, as well as your clients and employees.
QR Codes for event marketing and planning can increase ticket sales, speed up your management process, make check-in and reservations easy as pie, and become a number one source for accessing event-related information.
QR Codes makes event planning and marketing possibly simpler
If you look closely, you will find QR Codes all over the place. It has become a regular thing in our lives as it makes access to a wide range of information easy and quick. So, leveraging its features will only help your event management activities.
Event QR Codes are perfect for print marketing, such as brochures, pamphlets, posters, billboards, and banners. Users can scan the QR Code and access event details such as time, location, schedule, and agenda. Furthermore, they can find the link to buy tickets and food coupons and view other amenities.
You can add a lot many things in the Event QR Code
The feasibility of QR Codes enables us to connect with visitors personally. QR Codes are generally read with just one simple technology – the smartphone camera. All latest smartphones have built-in QR Code readers that let users scan the code and convert the image into valuable, readable information.
Since all of us now turn to our phones for everything, from retail shopping to accessing coupons, this is one of the reasons why QR Codes are becoming a mainstream tool on a global level.
QR Code content can support your event management at all phases, right from planning through marketing to managing the live show.
Your Event QR Code can include the following elements:
- Complete details of the event planning: the layout of the event, volunteers’ list, job duties, and work schedule, worksheet of planners, marketers, and volunteers, day-to-day schedule, things to do, fundraisers and sponsors details, contact list of the vendors, etc.
- Complete details of the event: Venue, time, organizer’s information, host’s name, event name and description, participants’ names, event agenda, and Call-to-Action (CTA)button for voting, participating, buying tickets, and ordering food.
- Information about different amenities available for the guests at the event and beyond, such as nearby hotels
- Contact details, rules and regulations, and event terms
- Page share and social media profile link
- Feedback button
Besides, they are completely customizable…
The best thing about QR Codes is that you can make them colorful, eye-catchy, and prominent, unlike its successor, barcode. You can customize your Event QR Code with brand colors, icons, logo, background image, frames, appealing CTAs, and even different shapes and sizes.
What makes QR Codes for event management stand out?
- They add visual effects to branding and promotion and bring a simple marketing brochure or mail to life.
- They do not create any distraction to your existing marketing campaign, nor do they take much of the material’s space. You can generate a QR Code as small as 2 X 2 cm.
- You can design QR codes in several sizes, shapes, and colors. However, we recommend a bigger size and dark foreground color, and light background color for better scanning.
- They are downloadable in multiple formats, including PNG, JPG, JEPG, EPS, and SVG files.
- You can input the QR Code to any design using a photo editor tool. You can print it on your company’s tees as well.
Best ways to use QR Codes for event management and marketing
Provide details of your events in one place
The user has to scan the code to view the digital calendar, book a ticket, or participate in the event. The viewers can save the link and access the information by scanning the QR code later. However, to make the best out of your code, you must ensure that you have filled all the details correctly, especially the links to tickets. Verify the details before you embed them in the code.
Market the event on any print material
Print marketing has one major drawback – limited space. While you can highlight the crucial details about the event on the poster, you cannot add everything and make the poster look cramped up. With QR Code, you can direct your audience from print to digital media in a matter of a few seconds, providing them with a gamut of information regarding the event.
QR Code enables users to scan the code from a great distance too.
You can also create event QR codes for online events like Facebook events, Instagram lives, Webinars, or Zoom sessions.
Track the success of the event campaign with Dynamic QR Code
Event QR Codes are generally Dynamic. Dynamic QR Codes are advanced QR Codes that allow creators to track the scans and edit the hosted content. Using the QRCodeChimp generator, you can customize the Dynamic QR Code with your preferred metrics.
QR Code software downloaded on your device will present you with real-time metrics of the scans. These metrics include the number of scans, location, date, time of the scan, and even the device used for scanning. You can also track unique scans (say, a particular IP address or a particular device on a Monday) with the help of Dynamic QR Code.
The collected data can help you modify and redirect your campaign to the locations where the scan rate is low or according to the marketing objective.
Moreover, if you accidentally commit a typo in your event campaign, you can edit it without generating a new QR code.
While this was all you needed to know about QR Codes for event management, here are a few things to remember:
- test the code before printing in bulk,
- make sure the links embedded are mobile-optimized,
- keep the link running if the QR Code is printed on t-shirts, posters, and other permanent objects.
If you are ready to generate your QR Code, customize it for free at Free QR Code Generator.