Banners are interesting and eye-catchy marketing tools that can provide more than just static information with the help of a simple, affordable, creatively generated QR Code. Banners are meant for public places, such as roadside locations, shopping malls, parks, etc. and are designed to accommodate different marketing needs. But, when you add QR Codes on banners, you double the interest and engagement percentage of the audience.
QR Codes on banners can link your target audience to your brand marketing purpose
The inception of digital mediums has introduced several marketing challenges. However, continuous creativity and innovative marketing strategies remain the number one challenge. If you want your business to flourish, you must always keep your marketing game level high. Even giant banners with commendable graphics aren’t enough now; you need to provide extra dosage of information to target right audience via QR codes.
For people who aren’t aware, QR Codes are an improved version of barcodes. While barcodes are one-dimensional and offer only numerical information, QR Codes are two-dimensional; vertically and horizontally scan-able black and white square boxes that can store a large amount of different digital data, such as URL, images, videos, audio, google map, etc. Unlike barcodes, QR Codes can be generated in colors and with images and logos.
Why QR Codes on Banners?
Today QR Codes on banners are widely used in China, Japan, USA, UK, UAE, and India. They are also added in other products like brochures, tickets, t-shirts, labels, and billboards, shop boards. So, if you haven’t started using these pretty, little things yet, it’s definitely time that you start using them and up your game.
Banners are traditional marketing tools, but since this is an age of digital experience, a well-designed QR Code can bring together the benefits of online marketing and traditional advertising and present it to your audiences effectively.
For instance, since outside banners are visible, they have the ability to grab the attention of a large number of people on the street. But they target the masses. However, when a QR Code is placed on the banner, it will attract the ones interested in your brand and services, i.e. your niche audience.
What can you store inside your banner QR Code
The information of the QR Code on banner totally depends upon your banner content, purpose, and your target audience. You can add:
- A social media link to grow followers and increase your social presence.
- A coupon code to provide customers something to look forward to while purchasing stuff.
- A promotional offer to boost future sales.
- Additional content, such as a link to a video, audio, image, or your website to build interest and engage customer more.
- Provide specific banner related information, like calendar schedule of an event, trip itinerary, cash prize guidelines, event terms and conditions, places to visit (if it is related to a trip) and everything in between.
- You can also add Google map for direction, contact information, PDF documents, images, videos, and more.
A reputed and expert QR Code Chimp will have a QR Code for every business purpose. You can choose one and customize according to your preference and industry.QR Codes are not only for big brand banners. Even SME’s and individual owners can utilize them for branding, lead generation, and customer loyalty. QR Codes are simple and highly affordable compared to other digital marketing tools.
Why should you invest in a banner and QR Code
Outdoor banners are visible 24/7 and provide a constant interaction between passerby and brand, which other traditional advertising mediums like TV and radio do not offer. Extremely creative banners create active engagement, and this can be considerably increased when a visible QR Code with a CTA is added.
Banners and QR Codes are perfect inbound and outbound digital marketing products because:
- They are cheap compared to the rest of the advertising strategies
- The same banner and QR Code can be used multiple times for different purposes (you can change the content of the QR code without worrying about generating a new code)
- They both can be developed with engaging graphics and designs, multiple colors, and fantastic content
- Banners are retractable, removable, rotating, and mountable. You can change the position and location for new audiences
- While banners are for mass audiences, QR Codes are for a targeted group of audience. While you can place banners in shopping centers to boost spending mood, a QR Code placed inside the banner will definitely guarantee conversion for the brand
How to make your banner and QR Code stand out
You should never underestimate the power of the black and white boxes. They may lack appeal but they can double or even triple interaction level with your consumers. That being said, inventive technology and QR Code Chimps can custom make colorful, graphics-based QR Codes these days.
- Make sure you display a personal message on your banner that also relates to your QR Code. Your banner and QR Code should help boost business during the event, be it a trade show or shopping mall festival.
- If it is a hanging banner, add a QR Code big enough to scan from a distance. Add the Call-to-Action (CTA) in a big, bold, readable font.
- Do not miss out adding a CTA. Remember that QR Codes must serve a purpose. They aren’t up there as wallpaper. Your audience will not know what to do with it unless you tell them. Add a surprise element in your CTA that provokes the viewer to take their phone out and scan the code.
- Add something worth significant in your code. Don’t bore your audience with unnecessary stuff. Provide information that will urge them to take actions.
- Keep it simple and neat if this your first experience with Codes.
- Start with basic if you aren’t able to come up with anything else – Add a URL of your dynamic website or location of your storefront.
- Test your generated QR Code on banner before you mass-produce them.
QR Codes can now be customizable to resonate with your brand value. Add colors, frame, or logo in the design if you wish. They can never be too large for your banner. In fact, you can make an entire banner out of your QR Code itself. Try it today.