A vCard QR Code is added on print and digital advertisements that allow users to scan and save contact details directly on their smartphones.
You don’t need technical expertise to create digital vCard codes on an online QR Code Generator.
Each day, 27 million business cards are printed. That’s an amazing count. But, unfortunately, 88% of them are discarded without a second glance.
It is because people have no time (or rather patience) to type down and save information on their phones.
It is a little bit of an inconvenience, don’t you agree? It has happened to you too – someone had given you a business card, and you forgot all about it till the day of your annual desk cleaning.
Did you know, regardless of this, a business grows by 2% for every 2000 cards it hands out? Imagine what would happen if you reduce the percentage from 88 to 20?
The answer is a digital business card or Digital QR Code for Card.
What is vCard QR Code?
vCard QR Codes are digital contact cards that can be saved on a smartphone’s address book without typing phone numbers or email addresses. It reduces time and effort to search and add information and eliminates typos.
When you scan the QR Code with your smartphone camera, it displays contact details, like name, company profile, addresses, email id, display photo, social media link, and Google Maps.
You can share the vCard via Bluetooth, email, messenger apps, and SMS, store it on your address book, and import it to Google Contact book and Outlook email tool.
QR Code vCards can be printed anywhere to boost your business marketing efforts.
Why Do You Need a vCard QR Code?
QR Codes are free online digital marketing tools that connect the physical world with the WWW through smartphone scans. QR Codes are the need of the day – they are a contactless marketing tool, easy to scan, save and process information, store a large amount of content in a small space, and trackable in real-time.
Adding a QR Code to your visiting card will pique the receiver’s interest, urging him/her to scan it, eventually boosting its value.
Besides, it is much easier to store information with one single click than jot down details.
There is more to it – QR Codes have an in-built error-fixing feature that makes them scannable even if they are damaged or torn.
Digital contact cards can be created in two formats on QRCode Chimp, Free QR Code Generator – Dynamic QR Codes and Static QR Codes.
Static, Dynamic, and vCard Plus QR Codes – Know What You Want
It is essential to learn the difference between Dynamic and Static QR Code vCard so that you know what to use and when in your business marketing plan.
Static QR Codes for vCard
As the name suggests, Static QR Codes provide fixed information. It means, once you have furnished the information and created and printed the vCard digital code, you cannot alter the data. Static vCard QR Codes are best for personal and one-time use.
You can generate them free of cost at QR Code Chimp online QR Code Generator.
Key Features of Static vCard QR Code:
- Generate Static vCard QR Code free of cost at QR Code Chimp.
- The vCard information is directly embedded in the code. And therefore, you cannot change the data once the code is downloaded.
- You have to create a new code every time you wish to alter or change a phone number.
- You can add limited information only, such as one website link, one address, two telephone numbers, and one supporting link.
- They are perfect for one-time use, small vendors, individual professionals, and personal use.
- Get 1000 scans per month.
- Enjoy basic statistics.
- Customize your vCard with different colors, stickers, shapes, logos, and sizes.
- No expiry date, but it can occasionally lead to broken links.
Dynamic QR Codes for vCard
Dynamic Codes come with magnified marketing capabilities and they often called as vCard plus QR code. You can edit the targeted data as many times as you want. Unlike Static Codes, Dynamic vCard Codes’ content is not directly embedded in the code. QR Code Generator creates a short URL for dynamic codes where the target content is stored. Therefore, when the need arises, you have to click on the short URL, modify the data, and save it in the backend. It won’t affect the structure and scannability of the code in the front end.
Key Features of Dynamic vCard QR Codes:
- Eliminates the need to design and print a new code every time you edit a phone number or landing page.
- QR Code Chimp offers 3 Dynamic Code packages.
- Change contact details as many times as you want.
- Comes with a short-URL where the actual content is saved. Therefore, it gives a neat and crisp appearance.
- Avail of more than 100 custom decoration options.
- They are aesthetically more appealing.
- Eliminates the need to reprint code.
- Download in HD quality and different sizes (e.g., For posters, business cards, books, etc.)
- Maximize the efficiency of vCard with advanced statistics – track the number of scans and measure the performance with unique metrics.
- An unlimited number of scans based on the package you choose.
vCard Plus – Digital QR Code
vCard Plus is basically a Dynamic vCard QR Code with enhanced content – you can add links to mobile-optimized pages that display crucial information.
They include profile pictures, social media sites, picture galleries, email ids, job titles and descriptions, brief company summary, landing page, Google Maps, and other information.
You can customize vCard Plus in various formats to attract and impress clients. They can be scanned and viewed by all devices, including desktops and laptops.
vCard Plus can also be used in email signatures, website pages, text messages, and social media profiles. Just like Dynamic Codes, vCard Plus can be edited many times and tracked and analyzed.
How to Generate vCard QR Code at QR Chimp?
QR Code Chimp is the only online QR Code generator that offers more than a hundred code decoration options. Anyone can create a code using the online tool – no expertise or technical know-how required. Follow the instructions step by step to get a free QR Code for your business card.
Step 1: Visit https://www.qrcodechimp.com/
Step 2: Click on Sign Up on the right top corner and create your account.
Step 3: From the Menu, click on vCard Plus. You will be redirected to the Dynamic vCard Generator page.
Step 4: Fill in the Basic Information – Name, Numbers, Email, Company Address, and Website along with the Social Media Links.
Step 5: Scroll down and click on Design, Color, and Decorate QR Code. A pop-up menu will appear, ‘Customize QR Code.’
Step 6: Personalize your vCard QR Code by selecting QR SHAPES, PRE-DESIGNED, STICKERS, COLORS, LOGOS, SHAPES, and DECORATE YOUR PICTURE.
Step 7: Scroll down to change the Shape Border Size, Padding Around Eyes, and Padding Color Around Eyes.
Step 8: You can preview your QR Code on the right side of the page. Click on More Sizes to select the required size for download. (For posters and banners, choose 4096 x 4096, and for business cards, choose 256 x 256).
Step 9: Download the QR Code on your Device. Ensure it is in PNG File format.
Step 10: Go back to the previous page by clicking the ‘esc’ button on your keyboard, and click on Save QR Code. This will save the code on your QR Chimp Dashboard.
Step 11: Add your Campaign Name in the text box and click Save.
Step 12: Go to Dashboard and see scan results, including created date, campaign name, type, total scan, and action.
Tips and Suggestions for Creating an Outstanding QR Code
Regardless of all the features available in QR Chimp, one must remember the purpose behind creating your vCard QR Code. It would be best if you do not go overboard with your code design, nor make it unappealing.
The following suggestions and tips will give you a head start.
- Choose Dynamic QR Code vCard for marketing purposes.
- Always select the minimum size for the vCard QR Code for Business Card. This will ensure high-scannability.
- Personalize your QR Code vCard to boost brand awareness as much as possible – add your company logo, use brand colors, or upload the most relevant image that sends a message about your business to your customers.
- Try different colors otherwise. You can experiment with various contrasting colors to add a robust personality to the code.
- QRCode Chimp offers great decoration options for vCard Codes that no other online tool provides. Please take a look at them (see Step 6^) before you hit the save button.
- Don’t forget to add breathing space around the QR Code for optimized scanning.
- Do add a compelling CTA (call to action) that will urge the user to scan the code.
- Connect with QR code Chimp experts for more information.
Visit QR code blogs for more marketing ideas and creative use cases on QR Codes.