Whether it’s a fiction, a children’s storybook, a recipe book, or an academics book; a simple QR code on them can open a new world of information for their readers. QR codes on books seamlessly take the readers from the physical medium to the digital world. And the good news is putting QR codes on books is straightforward and very cost-effective. You just need to use a QR code generator to design your QR code and put the code on the book before it goes for printing. You can otherwise affix the QR code stickers on your books.
If you are an author, you would want your readers to enter your world through your writings. But, how do you make readers discover your other books from the same genre? The answer is QR codes.
Generate code from a QR code generator, add on your books, and attract readers instantly. On the other hand, if you are bookseller, you can use a QR Code to let customers discover new books from the same genre or log into your online bookstore to purchase more books.
QR Codes on Books
Even though smartphones, tablets, and other e-readers, like Amazon Kindle, have transformed the way readers read books. A good share of readers still prefers hardcover books over e-books. Whether it is a textbook, a thesis, or a practical guide, and the study materials in hardcopies continue to be significant in students’ lives.
However, since technology is only going to evolve in future, an excellent way to tap the attention of your readers and engage them in reading more books is by integrating hard books’ experience with personal technology via QR codes.
QR codes are modernized barcodes that can store valuable information, such as URLs, website information, vCard, images, audio and video data, and even information about books and authors. This means QR codes can bridge online and the offline world – turn reading into more an interactive, personal, and 3D experience.
QR Code For Book – Reasons why you should use it
Make studying more fun for students
QR Codes are great for students. You can engage students with textbooks by making the content engaging and interactive with video examples of content, audio translations of texts, online photo galleries, or by covering solutions – everything within the black and white boxes of a QR Code.
For instance, you can use QR code to:
- Link a video of a chemistry lab experiment to its content. In this way, you can subsequently reduce practical hours.
- Add translation of a particular text from Hindi to English or French to English.
- Add text audio pronunciations for hard to understand words to help language students. This is useful for students who are learning a new language.
- Include links of case studies, research reports, supplementary theories, references, and motivational videos for graduates and PhD students.
- Provide a link to the complete photo gallery of World War II instead of printing low-quality images in the history book. In this way, you are not only saving book space and printing cost but also showing vivid displays about a scenario to students.
- Provide solutions for end-of-the-chapter problems. With Text QR codes, you can either link the complete steps to reach the solution or just provide the final answer.
All these can be done cost-effectively through simple QR codes on textbooks. Creating interactive content is possible in this age and time because unlike a decade ago, every student today has access to a smartphone.
Acquire and engage new readers
If you are an author, a bookseller, or a content provider, QR codes can benefit you in numerous ways.
Avid readers are always in search of great books. They often browse aisles after aisles to find the perfect book. While most books do have reviews on the internet, it is hard to take the smartphone out, type the title and author’s name, browse through several links, find the aptest one and then read it. It is basically impossible to do this for all the 20 odd books you browsed in a book store.
QR code is an interactive element that closes the gap between authors, publishers, and readers in the following ways:
- Your potential buyers can instantly read the author’s bio added in QR codes. Buyers can also research other books from the same series, another edition or compare prices on Amazon or other online bookstores.
- You can suggest potential buyers other titles and authors from the same genre they are reading. This can potentially increase your future sales.
- Authors can use a Rating QR Code to let readers offer reviews about a book and engage in direct communication with the author via their social media accounts.
- You can add a Video QR Code on your book and show trailers of your upcoming books. The reader has to scan the code and get directed to the YouTube trailer link.
- If your book is being made into a theater play, you can add links to the event booking or theater production and boost your credibility, improve your brand image, and increase the marketing capabilities of publishers, event organizers or theaters and yours.
- You can prompt the readers to subscribe to your newsletter. You can keep them posted about your new books and articles.
- You can add a QR code that takes your readers to your world, such as your Instagram profile or your Twitter handle or simply to your website. This allows you to gain more followers, as well as improve your engagement with your readers in real-time. This also helps you to receive feedbacks and potential storylines for your next book.
- A QR code on a recipe book can take the readers to recipe video or can lead them to a website from where they can buy all the ingredients.
Engage readers furthermore by:
- Connecting readers with each other by helping them join the online conversation.
- Adding links to forms or self-assessment exercises and calculators in between (e.g., 20 questions to check your weight goal journey progress for a weight-loss book).
- Sharing important quotes or epic lines from legendary authors and poets.
Since a lot of thoughts, ideas, and memories go into writing a book, you must generate QR codes that successfully fit into the overall concept of the book without distracting the author. With the help of a good QR code generator, you can create amazing QR code designs and concepts to make your tremendous success.