Almost all the latest smartphones have built-in QR Codes scanners, thanks to Google Lens and advanced iOS features. QR Codes on vehicles can be used to achieve a long list of marketing goals. Since only a smartphone camera is needed to scan them, they are widely accessible across a wide range of audiences. QR Codes are an effective, easy-to-implement, and versatile marketing tool. One of the inventive ways companies can use QR Codes on vehicles can be to market their products and services is by printing them on vehicles.
QR Codes are essential in a world that is predominantly run by digital media. And digital media is predominantly powered by smartphones. And therefore, companies should use all their resources and assets to leverage smartphones to engage customers. One of them is the vehicles.
Generate beautiful QR Codes for your vehicle and track inquiries for free by using our QR Code Generator tool!
QR Codes on vehicles – attract more customers on the go
Many don’t give this a second thought, but today no business can function without their company vehicles. Automobiles have become an indispensable asset to fulfill day-to-day operations, especially if the company deals with tangible products and services.
QR Codes technology can make vehicles the customer’s first point of contact. Whether you own a laundry company or deliver fruits and vegetables, QR codes can deliver promotion ideas to your niche clients faster than physical marketing mediums can.
Many businesses use vans, trucks, and other automobiles to deliver products and services. They include plumbing, groceries, garbage removal, food delivery, restaurants and café, mail, cargo and shipment, and carpentry. Even if you don’t fall under these categories but own a vehicle, you can still use QR codes for marketing your business.
For instance, with QR Codes on vehicles, you can provide valuable information to your customers that help you serve better. This could be discount coupons, dos & don’ts, DIYs, customer care contact, manuals and guides, and other promotional campaigns.
Why QR Code campaigns are worth trying on cars
If you have a fleet of vehicles that operates every day, you should try using QR codes for marketing your services. Since QR Code technology is pretty affordable, they are worth the try. There is nothing much to lose but a lot to gain if it hits the right spot. Vehicles cover a lot of target points in a day. In fact, with the umpteen numbers of stops they make, cars can easily attract audiences across multiple junctions.
If you aren’t familiar with the term ‘QR Codes’, then let us explain it to you:
QR Codes (Quick Response Codes) are black and white maze-like structures, with 4 squares on each side. They are a modified version of barcodes, which have the capability to store versatile information in larger bytes, unlike traditional barcodes.
QR Codes have marketing-oriented features that barcodes lack, such as:
- QR Codes on vehicles have enormous potential to reach more customers. As they are available for people walking past the car, hiring your vehicle, you are delivering goods to customers, you are parked in a crowded area, when you are awaiting the traffic to clear, and when you are dropping someone off to a prominent place.
- They can be scanned from a great distance, so a vehicle parked on the opposite side of the road still can engage customers with its QR Code.
- They can be read from all directions (horizontally and vertically, left to right), which barcodes do not allow. This promotes fast scanning, something a moving vehicle can leverage.
- QR Codes are better looking, can be generated with company logo and graphics, and also are colorful. The codes will pique the curiosity of your target customers if they see one printed on the car.
- Besides alpha-numeric codes, they can store information, such as videos, images, URLs, vCard, PDF, and more.
- As the name suggests, they are quick to respond. You can scan an HD-quality QR code faster than you can scan a barcode.
What can you include in QR Codes?
Before telling you what you can embed in your QR Code, you must read how Toyota encouraged people to check vehicle recall status through QR Code technology. The strategy helps customers stay informed about their recalls and factory updates. The Toyota protocol uses a hash value for each car, which is something similar to human DNA or fingerprint. This enables Toyota to protect their information through blockchain technology and restrict automobile makers to modifying the information in the QR codes later to save their reputation lest something goes wrong in the future.
While you can read the full story on Medium, the gist is that Toyota has added a QR Code to their fleet of vehicles. Anyone who scans the secured QR Code through their smartphone camera can verify the vehicle’s originality, including paint color, VIN, make and model, manufacturing details, and accessories and parts information in less than 30 seconds.
Ways you can incorporate QR Codes on your cars
Here are 5 brilliant ways to use QR codes on cars. You can add a Call to Action asking onlookers to scan the code and head straight away to the link.
1. QR Codes with discount coupons: Grab more customers by advertising great discounts and promotional deals.
2. QR Codes with information: Help your customers with more information. For instance, if you are a water damage restoration company, you can provide information on how to save your home from mold attacks.
3. QR Codes with direction: When delivering orders to your clients, you can ask them to visit your store for more goods and products using a Google Map direction link.
4. Improve delivery orders: Use dynamic URL codes to lure potential customers into shopping for products and services from you. You can also link menu cards, app details, and your store or restaurant brochures.
5. Announce events and shows: If you hold events regularly, QR Codes can be a tactful way to promote your upcoming event, show, and other stuff related to the event.
Since QR Codes on vehicles are still a new concept, you can grab this opportunity and generate your unique QR Code at a free QR code generator. Although we generate only HD quality and high-performing QR codes, test yours before printing it in bulk.