Knowing the primary difference between Static and Dynamic QR Codes will do you right if you have plans to use QR Codes in your offline and online marketing campaigns.
QR codes have taken print advertising by storm because of their capabilities to engage users anywhere to retrieve meaningful insights about end consumers.
QR Codes Help Understand Customers Better…
The usefulness of QR Codes has already been established in 2019-2020. They connect brands and customers on a personal level through the most popular device – the Smartphone Camera.
Businesses can use QR Codes extensively to get maximum benefits from their ad campaigns.
That said, there is a vast ‘behind-the-scene’ difference between Dynamic and Static QR Codes.
One time use vs. multiple-times use, edit vs. not edit, traceable vs. untraceable, and free vs. paid.
Choosing between the two must totally depend upon your marketing plans and purpose of use.
In this blog, you will find out the purpose of static and dynamic codes and how they differ from each other in brand marketing.
But before that, let’s do a brush-up…
What are QR Codes?
QR Codes are barcodes, but with 10X more smart technology and marketing capabilities. At some point, you must have seen them printed on retail shops, grocery stores, bills, and on product packaging.
QR Codes can be self-generated online using a QR Code Generator. Critical features of QR Codes include the following:
- Square in shape as opposed to the line barcode
- Two-dimensional, unlike one-dimensional barcode
- Read by any smartphone camera app, unlike barcodes, which require a special external device
- Reads vertically and horizontally and from a great distance
- Stores alpha-numeric data, unlike barcode that stores only numeric data
- Holds up to 4000+ characters worth of information
- Customizable into different shapes, colours, sizes, logos, and stickers (only at QR Code Chimp)
- Tailor-made for other mediums – Google, Text, VCard, Facebook, Event, Image Gallery, Email, YouTube, GMaps, Menu, and Coupons
- Built-in error rectification technology making it readable even with 70% damage
What Are Static QR Codes?
Static QR Codes are one-time use only. The content is directly embedded, as in copy-pasted onto the code, without an external URL or data address. Once the code is generated, the information remains static (fixed) and cannot be altered. They are meant for personal purpose or single usage.
A garment shop owner shares a Static QR Code embedded with Christmas Greeting and Coupon with his customers. He gets the code printed on the delivery package for the month of December.
A popular idea for you: You send your wedding invitation RSVP or event schedule via the code to your distant friends and family.
While you can customize Static QR Codes at QR Code Chimp in different patterns and shades, they are plain to look at and are seldom used for marketing.
However, QR Code Chimp provides unlimited scans and unlimited validity.
Key features of Static Codes are:
- Good for a one-off ad campaign or personal use. Example: New store launch or wedding invite
- Can store a lot of non-editable information. Example: Christmas Greetings
- Registration is not required
- Content is directly embedded
- Unlimited number of scans at QR Code Chimp
- Several free customization options on the website
- Scans cannot be trackable via AI or GPS
- Store minimal information
- Relevant for individuals and few businesses types
- Typical examples: Website URL, email, WhatsApp or Text message, Plain text display (serial number, static image, coupon code, or text), vCard, Google Maps, and WiFi or Login credentials
What are Dynamic QR Codes?
Dynamic QR Codes are marketing-centric because they are editable, trackable, and measurable. The codes come with a short URL into which the actual content is embedded. Therefore, once you generate a dynamic code, you can change, edit, and update the URL information anytime. This enables marketers and businesses to set up their QR Code strategy based on their marketing campaign without reprinting the code.
A restaurant owner can change their QR Code menu card depending on the breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and Valentine’s Day specials on the Dynamic QR Code’s URL without generating a new code.
A popular idea for you: You could use the Dynamic Code to share your website with your customers today. And whenever you want, redirect them to your Instagram profile or any new landing page by changing the information on the QR Code Generator dashboard.
Small Size – Massive Impact
QR Code Chimp AI capabilities and GPS tracking allow you to trace the dynamic code’s performance, such as the number of scans made, location, the device used, operating system, and even the hour and time in real-time.
The collected data proves extremely useful in determining future marketing campaigns. You could derive the total number of scans for a particular advertisement, the percentage of unique visitors, location of the scan (exact store and city), the smartphone used, and the average number of scans on a particular day, week, or month.
Key Features of Dynamic QR Codes:
- Best for online and offline marketing, boosting consumer engagement and increasing brand value.
- Perfect for connecting retail store customers to digital content.
- Content is embedded in the short URL.
- Editable content. User can edit the URL content unlimited times without having to recreate the code
- Unlimited number of scans based on the pricing and package
- User registration is required to access the dashboard
- Gain access to more than a hundred free and premium customizable options at QR Code Chimp
- Track the perspective of end-consumers in real-time
- Connect with customers with unique marketing ideas, such as Loyalty Programs
- Integrate with Customer Data Platform for advanced statistics
- Single print saves money and time.
- Relevant to all businesses.
- Analyze and measure the performance of the codes for A/B testing
- Integrate with anti-counterfeit technology to stop illegal trades and preserve brand value
- Typical Examples: Image Gallery, Location, Video Gallery, Animations, GIF, Audio, PDF files, vCard, Menu Card, Projects, YouTube video, Instagram and Facebook posts and stories, App Download, and Google Business.
Despite the size and affordability of QR Codes, they act as a highly capable and intellectual marketing tool. QR Code Chimp makes creating custom Static and Dynamic QR Codes simple. You can generate a code in less than ten minutes on the online QR code generator. Besides, you also get excellent personalization solutions that no other online platform offers, such as stickers, shapes, colours, pre-designs, picture decoration, and logos. The website has more than a hundred custom designs and business marketing ideas to help you attract customers to scan the code and engage them enough to convert their interest into lifetime loyalty.